Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Luck

First, I can't believe that its October. Its been a while since my last posting but I have no idea how time passed so quickly. I guess I just didn't notice because I was so involved with my work. It may sound corny but I feel I'm lucky that I actually found a career that I love, I'm good at, and I get to work with some amazing people.

Just take a look at one of my clients, the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies at Georgia State University. At first glance some may think that working with this group would be boring but it is actually life changing. I actually get to work with people who are trying to make a difference in the world for the better.

Today is the last forum they are holding on trauma care in Georgia. I've been working with them to publicize the problem and increase public awareness. I've worked with media across the state. When we first started making media calls and talking to reporters about this situation many of them didn't seem to grasp the magnitude of the problem. A few months many press releases later, they all seem to grasp the problem and are on board with trying to help find a solution.

I realize that I'm not the only PR person out there calling this reporters and sending them information this situation but we really are all on the same team.
Its personally rewarding to know that you are part of a team that can really make a difference in people's lives.

Yes, I'm lucky. Many years ago without psychological testing and the Internet, I somehow stumbled into a career that is fulfilling, rewarding and at times - life changing.

No comments: