Friday, October 24, 2008

Reality Check

Yesterday my Dad asked me if I'd seen any fallout from the economic turmoil with my clients. Happily I was able to tell him that I'd seen very little.

While I read the headlines and realize that things are bad for many, those with great ideas and sound business practices are still very competitive. Over the past weeks I've asked my clients how things look for them. Every single client is positive. Some of their comments include:

"We've had the best sales year to date."
"Our products are taking off."
"We have lenders coming to us because they feel our company is the next big thing."

Others have recently had an influx of capital or were well ahead of the housing curve.

My conclusion is that either I'm a genius at choosing clients who are on the cutting edge of the next big thing or that things aren't as bad out there for the mid-size company as some reports are leading us to believe. It's probably a little of both.

In this economy it's the leaders like many of my clients who will persevere and be triumphant in the future.

No comments: